The Carnival Games Arena
The Carnival Games Arena is an engaging, participation-based crowd entertainment that rejuvenates and enhances the fun, games and rituals of the festivals and fairs of yesteryears. Hosted by street artists with multiple skills (comedy, circus, animator, busking), the Carnival Games Arena is a space of expression for the artists but also and especially for the public to whom numerous competitions and popular challenges (involving strength, dexterity, balance, coordination, skill) are offered.
Artistic Performances (with public participation)
- Songs on the Barrel Organ;
- Acrobatics on the Cockaigne pole and the Giant Steps;
- Performances in the Arena (balance challenges, tour of song… etc.);
- Fire Eater (optional).
The Arena Structures
- A Fairground Trailer or 1 or 2 Traveling Booths;
- A Throwing Games and Dexterity Games Area;
- An Aerial Structure: Cockaigne pole and/or The Giant Steps.
Some Games to (Re)Discover
- Japanese Billiards (Europe), a set of holes on an inclined deck (similar to modern Ski Ball) very popular at the 19th century fairs;
- The Sjoelback (Netherlands), Dutch shuffleboard;
- Spinning Tops of the World;
- The Tower of Hanoi, a game of speed and logic for joyful challenges;
- The Button Game;
- Cup and Ball Game;
- Ring Toss.
A more robust event in terms of decorations and accessories which immerses the public in a playful universe combining the words amusement, challenge and friendly.
A TRUE OLD-FASHIONED CARNIVAL WITH MANY CHALLENGES FOR THE PUBLIC!
4 hours of continuous activity (fixed and/or mobile)
– Original Idea and Design : Christophe Meunier
– Original Music : Claire Lafrenière